Sunday, November 27, 2005


Let's All Breath A Sigh Of Relief

Just when we were becoming concerned that the US tax system was becoming less progressive, we are assured by the report of the Joint Economic Committee, Tax Distribution Analysis and Shares of Taxes Paid--Updated Analysis, reported at TaxProf, that this is not the case.

As I said in August, the JEC is "a satrap of the knavish right." I explained my position here.

The current JEC report is nothing more than a regurgitation of Chairman Jim Saxton's comments in October which I debunked here. It is designed solely to mislead.

Let me summarize reality: The income tax is only a part of the total tax system. That system, taken as a whole, is only minimally progressive.

If the JEC staff members were intellectually honest . . . they would not be JEC staff members.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Onde voce esteja, tax o menino?